sunburn sun·burn [suhn-burn]
1. inflammation of the skin caused by overexposure to the sun or a sunlamp.
evergreen ev·er·green [ev-er-green]
1. a plant that retains green leaves throughout the year.
albino al·bi·no [al-bahy-noh]
1. a person with pale skin, light hair, pinkish eyes, and visual abnormalities resulting from a hereditary inability to produce the pigment melanin.
Alexandre François is our Instagram photographer of the week! @thephotographicdictionary
Sam A. Harris
1. to bring in contact, connect, or bring or put together: to join hands; to join pages with a staple.
zipper zip·per [zip-er]
1. a device used for fastening clothing, valises, etc., consisting of two toothed tracks or spiral metal or plastic coils, each bordering one of two edges to be joined, and a piece that either interlocks or separates them when pulled.
Submissions for The Photographic Dictionary’s 1st Alphabet Book close on Monday, September 1st. http://thephotographicdictionary.net/submit
imbricate im·bri·cate [im-bri-kit]
1. overlapping in sequence, as tiles or shingles on a roof.
1. to hold or retain in one’s possession; hold as one’s own: If you like it, keep it. Keep the change.